April 7, 2015

fun new vintage items for my table



Last week was a good week for finding a few little treasures.  I found a set of nice cowrie shell napkin rings on ebay (there are lots on ebay!) I love how they remind me of leopard print! These will come in handy for future table settings.  I also found a set of silver plated fork and knife napkin rings. They were kind of cute, and a great price, so I couldn’t pass them up! The yellow napkins were found at World Market and the dog napkins were from Crate & Barrel.


Cowrie shells have such pretty patterns. 
Did you know that cowrie shells are used as money 
in certain parts of Asia and Africa?  
Well they were a bargain here in the U.S.! 


I also found a vintage set of bamboo cutlery on Ebay.
These will be so much fun for summer entertaining!
{striped tea towel found at World Market}


I hadn’t been to my favorite neighborhood thrift store in a while, so I was happy that I picked the first Thursday of the month to visit.  The whole store was 50 percent off! 

I found a couple of black and white plates to add to my collection.  I'm thinking of creating an outdoor, black and white plate collage. The plate on top is a famous Russian monument, I found out via google.


This lovely Asian brass bell was only a couple of dollars,
and it polished up beautifully!  

Where do you think it's from?


ciao! fabiana

No comments:

sub



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

more recent posts...



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...