April 3, 2015

oh, peacock chair !


Seeing this chair took my breath away.
It reminds me of a modern peacock day chair,
But I would describe it more as a cocoon chair.
It looks like the perfect spot for hiding away,
cuddling up
for a quick nap or with a good book. 


Don’t you love how décor can create moods in you?
A few years ago,
I was visiting my favorite local thrift store
and stopped dead in my tracks when I saw two
lovely and huge peacock chairs in the far end of the shop.


I quickly assessed the situation in my head.
Where can I put these????
I have my four boys in the house, plus my hubby
so space was limited in bedrooms and living areas.
I passed them up.
Well, I am still thinking about those chairs today!
They were a steal, but I consoled myself thinking 
well someone will make a good home for them


Never again will I pass up a peacock chair!


My ode to my future peacock chair, 
tongue in cheek, of course......


Peacock chair. 
My love for you never dies. 
Someday I will find you and create a special space for you.
You will be the focal point of the room. 
And I will be quite comfortable there, 
cuddled up with a cup of tea and my cat. 


So great for a portrait too!

photos  1  |  2  |  3  | 4  |  5  |  6  |  7  | 8

ciao! fabiana

1 comment:

Unknown said...

All time favorites! The Peacock chairs! Xo

sub



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

more recent posts...



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...