May 4, 2017

cinco de mayo fiesta



When I think of Cinco de Mayo décor,
I think color, color, color!
I want festive flowers
and lots of bright accessories for my table.


So, this week I went shopping at
the local Mexican Market,
to grab some of these large
multi-colored cans of tomato sauce.
What’s great about these
El Pato cans is there are
no paper labels.
The cute graphic is
printed right on the can! 

And, the little green cans make the
perfect votive holders
to scatter on the table. 


While I was there, I also picked up
some fruity Mexican sodas called “Jarritos”.
It comes in flavors like
mango, pineapple, lime and mandarin.
Tasty and again so colorful!


For some, 
Cinco de Mayo would not be complete
 without a refreshing margarita.
Here's my favorite recipe from
The Barefoot Contessa.

Authentic Margaritas

• 1 lime, halved
• Kosher salt
• 1/2 cup freshly squeezed lime juice (5 limes)
• 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice (1 lemon)
• 1 cup Triple Sec
• 1 cup white tequila
• 2 cups ice, plus extra for serving

• If you like margaritas served in a glass with salt, rub the outside rims of 6 glasses with a cut lime and dip each glass lightly into a plate of kosher salt.
• Combine the lime juice, lemon juice, Triple Sec, tequila, and ice in a blender and puree. Place extra ice in a cocktail shaker. Fill with margarita mix, shake well, and strain into glasses.
Serves 4-6.




For fun, I’m setting each place setting with
an individual basket of chips and salsa.
These cute baskets are from the Mexican Market too,
and come in pink, yellow, green and blue. 

I added more brightness with the plates and napkins.
Now we're all set for our friends to drop by.

Do you like to celebrate Cinco de Mayo too? 


If so,
Buen Provecho!

ciao! fabiana


No comments:

sub



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

more recent posts...



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...