May 22, 2017

memorial day table




We’re having a few friends over for Memorial day,
so I’m all ready to break out the red, white and blue.

We'll be firing up the barbecue and grilling up some
gourmet burgers and hotdogs.

My favorite burgers right now are the
Chili Lime Chicken burgers from Trader Joe's.
They're really good served with 
a big scoop of guacamole on top!

And I think a strawberry and blueberry fruit salad 
would really be refreshing and look great!

For the table, this is the vibe I’m going for…
a little bit casual,
but with cloth napkins, glass stemware and
actual ceramic plates... 
 no paper plates,
for the adults, at least!

I have some fun paper and plastic plate 
options ready for the kiddos!


This is a table I set a few weeks ago,
so I want to do something similar,
but this time it'll be outside.

 What a great opening weekend to summer!

We'll be red, white and blue ready by Friday!
I have some fresh bunting to hang on the front porch, 
and of course we'll proudly fly our flag!


I love having different color transferware plates
to play with.
I mostly use red, blue, or black.
And mixing different dinner and salad plates
keeps it interesting.

These are the patterns I used for this tablescape.

These ivory Wedgwood dishes are so versatile.
They’re a little oversized so they really
look great as a base to the whole look.


Here are a few of my
blue and white salad plates that I love to
mix with other china patterns.

My favorite patterns are by Spode and Johnson Brother's.
English transferware is absolutely my fave,
but I have found some fun patterns at
Sur la Table, Pier One and Ralph Lauren.


I'll share the Memorial Day decor soon...

until then, have a fantastic week!


ciao! fabiana



💕

While I’m here today, I wanted to share some of my "Tablescaping Essentials" with you. I have a whole page on the Amazon website with my favorite picks for setting a beautiful table.

Quite often time is of the essence, and I have last minute projects or events to work on, so I turn to Amazon for one or two day delivery. You’d be surprised at how many amazing items they have to offer! And I'm constantly updating this page with my new favorites. 

You can check it out here, at Tablescaping Essentials.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your mention of Trader Joe's chile lime chicken burgers reminded me that I haven't had them in a while, and my mouth started watering just at the mere thought of them. That prompted a quick call to the Hubs who said he would pick up some on his way home. Thanks for the reminder of how good they are! ~~Carol in SD

Claudia Fabiana said...

Carol, you crack me up! Actually my mouth started watering when I read that you were having these for dinner! Hope you had a yummy dinner!

designchic said...

Your table is amazing and love the china - perfect for a Memorial Day celebration! Happy Wednesday!

Unknown said...

Hello! Can you please tell me what patten the top left plate is in your picture? Thank you!

Unknown said...

Hello! Can you please tell me what patten the top left plate is in your picture?? Thank you so much!

sub



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

more recent posts...



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...