November 13, 2017

more tablescapes & weekend happenings



I’m so looking forward to spending time with family for Thanksgiving and Christmas, and I always want everything just right. Planning ahead is the best way for me to stay organized and stress-free, but if things don’t go exactly according to plan, that’s ok too. We always can try plan B, or C.

That’s why I really enjoy planning my holiday tablescapes way ahead of time. I like to set up different options, and then taking certain elements that I like and combining them to create the final table setting.

I came up with a few more options this weekend. Just playing around with a different selection of plates, glasses and napkins…


I really love these Baroque Wood Chargers that are from World Market. They really ground each place setting nicely and adds great contrast between the china and the table. These red stripe linen napkins are also a favorite of mine.


My black and white bistro chairs look nice with this setting too!


These darling black and white transferware Christmas plates are so sweet and remind me of the very snowy Christmases I spent growing up in Upstate New York.


Here’s a more glamorous option with fancy gold writing! I love this look too! By the way, all the greens you see on the table were foraged from a couple of my neighbors who don’t mind me taking a clipping or two! Especially from the huge eucalyptus down the street.


Did you happen to see a few of the tablescapes I set up last week? I also posted them on intagram
The ugly sweater party idea has been 
quite popular on pinterest too! 

LOL.


My family and I also had a pie tasting day to see what our favorite choices would be for Thanksgiving. Marie Callender's is our favorite go-to pie shop, and we usually get a couple of pies for Thanksgiving. This year’s winners  of the pie tasting contest were Pumpkin (of course) and Dutch Apple.

Marie Callender's has so many choices, and they're all amazing! A few of the other pies we tried were rhubarb (we were all quite curious about this one and were pleasantly surprised at how good the sweet and tart combination was) and blueberry (my youngest son's choice). Sorry  to say Pecan Pie was not one of the contenders this year, but it's always one of my faves.


It’s November, so pie for breakfast is one of our favorite things to look forward to in the morning! 


(btw, you can find the Give Thanks tea towels here.)



On Saturday, a big box arrived at the door from Oriental Trading, full of beautiful (and sparkly) Christmas goodies that I ordered! I can’t wait to integrate them into my holiday décor.

We're talking about copper lanterns and rose gold votives for starters. They'll look great with all the white, cream, green and metallic décor I have in mind for this year. And look! They have really cute sisal bottle brush trees too! In fact, after I saw how pretty these tall ones were, I ordered a few more sets to sprinkle around the house.   

I have about a week and a half until we break out our Christmas tree. It's usually a Black Friday tradition at our house to stay home and decorate the tree and eat yummy turkey leftovers! Here's our tree last year with just the twinkly lights on, pre-trimming. 


When do you put up your Christmas tree?

And if you're looking to start some Christmas shopping,
we're having a Pre-Black Friday sale right now on the Blog Shop.





We've got lots of fun Hostess Gift ideas and more!

20% off everything!



ciao! fabiana












2 comments:

Bella Mare said...

Love these place settings! Could not find the ugly sweater ornaments on World Market. Do you have a link for them? Thanks!

Claudia Fabiana said...

Hi Jan. I couldn't find them online at World Market. I got these in the local store. Do you have a store near you? I did find a few other links with similar little sweaters:

Pier One has one online and so does Amazon & Macy's.

Just google "knitted sweater christmas tree ornaments"

Hope that helps!!

sub



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

more recent posts...



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...